Friday, November 27, 2009

Some Recent Blog Love

I really love getting blog reviews. Often literary blogs are written by fellow writers, and always by avid and discerning readers. Here are three blog reviews and one interview that have come in recently.

This book is a delight to read. Koshy is a wonderful stylist; her style is exactly right for the short story: evocative, finished and allusive. In her plots, she is not afraid to be twisted, and she mixes the surreal and the gritty with aplomb.
-- Rimi Chatterjee's blog, Live Like a Flame

I collect books and have a special fondness for short story anthologies, like many genuine readers out there. And like them, I too have this habit of reading passages, chapters and stories again and again. I know that I will read these stories again sometime in the future. There are some authors one can return to. Mridula Koshy is one of them.
-- Rumjhum Biswas' blog, Writers & Writerisms

Koshy’s writing is a hurricane, words swirling around with such intensity around the reader who she situates within the calm of the eye.
--Words Uttered in Haste

I am always surprised by the things that come out of my mouth. It seems yet again it is about the meaning of work in our lives. I think this has a lot to do with where I live.
My Little Magazine: Interview


No comments:

Post a Comment