Saturday, January 16, 2016

Bicycle Dreaming Launching Soon


My new book, Bicycle Dreaming is at the printer, and I'll be launching it at IIC Friday Jan. 29th at 6:30. I'm looking  forward to discussing it with Veena Venugopal. 

I can promise you good conversation, tea and samosa. I hope to see you there, and do spread the word!

A little bit about Bicycle Dreaming, a story set in working class Chirag Dilli:
Noor turns thirteen on the first page of the book; we leave her at fourteen on the last page. In between, she falls in right and wrong love, comes apart, together, and apart again from her family. We, the readers of the story, take measure of how much we know about happiness and wholeness in relationship: where does it come from, how do we account for it, and when the bottom falls out from under us, how do we survive our unheroic stories?





No comments:

Post a Comment